Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ROOTS

A tired soul rested on my arms last night.
I give him to his family so he may
Retire with the fullness of their love and care.
He to them, felt heavy. Wobbly knees;
A sign of discovery and wisdom.
Birth, life and death are all one.
So in each of our faces lies the purity of existence;
Awareness of this is key to a relaxed state.
This way, the water moves freely,
Without a stone to block our true path.
I am greeted by my own ancestor
With warm love and delight.
Youthful even next to my own
Youthful father, not looking too
Seventy. A tray of flowers I plant
From seed, so I may see them grow and
Preserve the roots of my ancestry.
Each day when I pay them an eager visit,
I see the faces of my family through
These tiny trees that will perpetuate
Happiness, Peace and Nourishment
Through all of their days.
All who marvel at their beauty
Feel their magnificent spirit.

No comments: