Wednesday, July 1, 2009

HIGHER GROUND MUSIC CAFE

I'm telling you. I may not go to town as often as I'd like, (especially living out in the sticks here on O'ahu's North Shore) but when I do leave my house for something other than to see my family & friends, go to practice, play a gig or watch friends gig, you better believe I'm @ Higher Ground trying out their stage & sound equipment on beats my friends bless me with (including those of Andrew the owner & Mike Love works @ the music shop next door). Love it, love it, love it. Yes, it's because of Andrew & Jen Kitakis, the super hip young entrepeneurs that also own HAWAI'I MUSIC SUPPLY, that I am a happy musician living the country. Their staff is just as cool and some are some of Hawai'i's up & coming artists... like that badass ROXY COX straight from NYC. Check it... They are on youtube, myspace and have a website... and oh- live music five nights a week with probably the best sound on the island next to the (R.I.P) rRed Elephant on Chinatown's Bethel Street. There's your commercial... Happily.

No comments: